Currently, financial planning and investment management targets retirees and those who have already accumulated significant sums of assets. These clients are ideal for investment managers because they can charge large fees on these assets. Also, most financial management firms have minimums that must be met in order to qualify as a client. Two specific clients that oftentimes do not have enough liquid cash to hand over to these large firms are real estate investors and business owners. In addition, the recent tax law change opened lots of opportunities as well as presents lots of pitfalls we feel confident we can help these clients navigate. Simply put, Taxable Wealth was founded to provide real estate investors and business owners with tailored and targeted financial advice.
What do these clients have in common?
- Typically, they have a high percentage of their net worth tied up in their real estate holdings or business.
- The majority of their net worth outside their real estate or business is “unmanageable” by investment management firms because it is either tied up in their 401(k) or equity in their home.
- Their tax situation fluctuates substantially year in and year out and they are often eligible for a section 199A/Qualified Business Income Deduction. This opens numerous planning opportunities.
- They need liquid cash on hand to help subsidize either their real estate purchase or business operations.
Why are real estate investors and business owners important clients?
- Their human capital (their future earnings potential) is a valuable asset that needs to be accounted for and managed throughout their working years.
- In general, real estate investor and business owner clients are:
- An ignored market segment that, when served, they are often sold very expensive/complicated products rather than being offered advice
- This particular period of their life is full of major milestones, including:
- Business ownership
- Home purchases
- College funding
- The earlier they have access to sound financial advice, the sooner they can implement financial changes and take advantage of the power of compound interest to meet longer-term financial goals.
How can we help?
STRUCTURE, PLAN, LIVE
First, we install the STRUCTURE of a good financial plan, set on a foundation of lowering taxes and fees paid. We lean heavily on internal technologies as well as some outsourced technologies to organize your financial life. We structure a balance sheet to see where you are today and what you are worth. Then we set up the ability to track and monitor your cash flow both in and out.
Next, we PLAN for the things that really matter: targeted, specific goals for both the short term and long term.
Last, we let you LIVE and monitor all the above. Life throws us many twists and turns, so we understand that the STRUCTURE and PLAN will have to evolve with you, and by implementing the right technology, this step will flow naturally. Our end goal is to help prepare our clients to become “financially free” earlier in life and let them LIVE the life they want.